Monday, November 26, 2018

Writing Sex When You’re Sexual Frustrated


I’m going a little off topic today. Normally the writing process isn’t something to post about here at the Hideaway, but I’m expanding. Anyway, onward we go.

All these sexy stories started because I felt like I needed an outlet. It’s a nice way to make a little money on the side and I do mean little. If I was doing this for a paycheck I’d have to release two or three stories a week. So, it’s a pleasant way to make a little money, explore my creative side and honestly write sexy fun. Over the course of the last few years it’s also helped my partner and I explore our sexual lives together.

Which brings us to the writing process. When sexually frustrated I just can’t focus on these steamy stories. These are fantasies and I’ve got plenty of them and can find inspiration in lots of places, but if I’m not enjoying my personal bedroom life the stories suffer.

Case in point: Tempting the Muse is a short I’m hoping to release next month. However, instead of having a strong dominate female taking what she wants from the more than willing man, I’ve got a strong dominate female threatening to go off and frolic on her own. No man needed. Normally, this could work and it might still, but it’s driving away from the carefully laid plot line of the story.

As the author I have two choices. Either let the woman go do what she has to or force the scene into what I had planned. The second choice is the problem. Forcing a sex scene or any sex is hard. If I’m not feeling sexy it’s doubtful the scene is going to feel sexy and let’s face it. It’s erotica. It has to be sexy!

Life happens. Holidays, school events, sick days, car repairs and just about anything else you can think of distracts from sexy fun time. It’s just part of life. There isn’t any fault in that. It’s not one partner that caused the issue in this case. It’s just part of life. Yeah, it was worth repeating.
For now I’m going to write what flows. That’s what feels right. 

Later, I’m going to drop some hints, try to make time available and hope my partner and I can spend that time making up for lost time. 

Making time available is the key point in this. If I can make time to write these sexy stories I can make time to have some one on one time with my partner.
And hopefully the stories will be better for it.


Stay Sexy

No comments:

Post a Comment